Holiday Nigeria presents a rare wildlife safari viewing group tour of Sumu Wildlife Park and the famous Yankari Game Reserve, both in Bauchi State, Northern Nigeria. This, fun driven, seeing Nigeria tour commences in the picturesque city of Abuja, Nigeria's political capital; goes through the scenic vegetation in North-Central Nigeria to the rainforest of Yankari Games Resort, in the North-East. It will be fun all the way. Tourist-driving with photo-opportunity and loads of fun stops en route. Refreshments aboard...
Abridged Tour Itinerary
DAY ONE – Abuja: On arrival at Abuja guests are picked up by our team and transferred to the hotel to refresh. And after lunch guests are picked from the hotel for a tour of Abuja city.
DAY TWO – Abuja – Yankari Game Reserve
* Five-hour road journey runs through scenic northern Nigeria and the hospitality of the local people.
* Arrive Yankari Game Reserve and Check-in and refreshment. Museum tour and swim at the Wikki warm spring.
DAY THREE: Yankari Game Reserve – Wildlife Views – Archaeological sites
* Morning wildlife viewing in the forest: Elephants, Warthogs, and diverse birds.
* Afternoon game drive to see more wildlife and also visit Early Man Cave.
* Wikki Warm spring, a naturally warm spring from subterranean geothermal activities. Ready for tonight’s barbecue and open-air dances.
* Late evening views of the wildlife from the windows of your room. (Some of the herbivorous animals and baboons come into the lodge area to graze, rest and play).
DAY FOUR Yankari - Sumu Wildlife Park
* 2 hours’ drive to Sumu Wildlife Park.
* Game viewing offers Giraffes, Zebras, Wildebeests, and variety of birds.
* Yankari dinner the bonfire and entertainment by the local dance troupe.
DAY FIVE: YANKARI GAME RESERVE - ABUJA
* Check out of the rooms and drive to Abuja. Check-in to the hotel; evening at leisure.
DAY SIX: DEPARTURE
After breakfast guests are transferred to the airport for their homebound journey.
Tour Cost includes
- Return airport transfers: Abuja airport to hotel and back
- Return road transport in A/C SUV: Abuja-Yankari-Bauchi-Sumu-Yankari-Abuja.
- Three nights lodging in a luxury double occupancy on full board at Yankari Games Reserve.
- Two nights’ accommodation in Abuja
- One evening barbecue and one burn fire night with steak. (at an additional cost of 5,000)
- Wildlife game drives in Yankari Game Reserve and Sumu Wildlife Park and
- Activities: Swim in the Wikki Warm Spring; museum visits, traditional dances and more.
- Games: Badminton, Volleyball and Squash.
Tour Cost Excludes
- International Airfares
- Travel insurance
- Any items not specifically stated in the itinerary and booking voucher.